Email Client Configuration - for aliased E-mails
Our instructions of how to setup Apple, Mozilla and Gmail clients to send as the alias.
- In Mail, choose Preferences from the Mail menu.
- Click Accounts.
- Select your master account (the one to which email from your alias addresses gets sent).
- Click Account Information and in the Email Address field, add all of the account's associated alias addresses, each separated by a comma.
- Click Save
Learn more at Apple's official support: http://support.apple.com/kb/TA23485
- In the Thunderbird account settings (Edit | Account Settings), click on your primary account name.
- Click the Manage Identities... button, and then click Add....
- Enter the name you want to associate with the alias email account.
- Enter the alias email address as both the email address and the reply-to address.
- Review the settings on the other tabs. You can configure various options, such as reply quoting, location where messages should be stored, encryption, etc.
- Click OK to close the dialog and click OK again to close the identities list.
Learn more at Mozilla's Official support page: https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/configuring-email-aliases
- Select the Accounts and Import tab (or Accounts tab, if you're using Google Apps).
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- In the 'Email address' field, enter your name and alternate email address.
- Use Gmail's servers to send your mail (this is easier to set up)
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it.
- Open your other account and either click the link in the message Gmail sent or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Gmail settings.
Find out more: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=22370
You can just use the "from" feature in outlook to send an email from a different account.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 11:43
Written by Nick Yeoman